OK, so I am sure you are all aware by now that Zac and Josh Farro have left Paramore, and I just wanted to give my opinion.
Firstly, when I first read this, I was pretty shocked. I didn’t cry, I didn’t even frown. I just read it and thought “Wow, that sucks. Oh well, the band will still go on!” Seeing people say on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc. that they were crying seems like they were over-reacting to me. I am not gonna say that was a bad thing (you are entitled to your own opinion), but sometimes, people just need to be more mature.
Now, after thinking about this for a day, I can provide my insight about why they left:
- Josh got married, and he and his wife wanted to see each other more. Touring across the country (and the world) must have been hard because they were not able to see each other all the time. I know if I were in that situation, I would feel the same!
- They just were not happy with being in the band. Maybe they wanted to start a new project, or maybe just move on, we will never know the true answer. Either way, I wish them luck with whatever they choose to do now.
- Ever since the “Twitpic” incident, things overall seemed to not be going to well with the band as a whole. Based on what I have read, their meet-and-greets were less interactive, and overall not as great an experience.
Whether or not you agree with my thoughts is totally up to you, and I respect your opinions. Feel free to leave your thoughts in a comment. And no matter what, I still support them no matter what else happens! Paramore Is A Band!
As you all probably know, a picture was posted to Hayley Williams personal Twitter account depicting what appears to be her lying in bed exposing her breasts. Within a minute, the image, along with the tweet, was removed from her timeline. Some people thought that it was the work of hackers (like I did). And others thought she actually posted it. However, I now have second thoughts as to whether or not it was a hacker, for a few reasons.
After the post was removed, I was able to find the image in my Firefox browser cache and save it to my computer. Using my image viewing program, I inspected the EXIF tags and found the following:
- The photo was taken on Thursday, May 27th 2010 at 7:40:11 PM
- The type of camera used was a Research In Motion BlackBerry 9000 (also known as the “Bold”)
- No evidence of the image being photoshopped or edited in any way
On May 26th, Hayley tweeted that she bought a BlackBerry Bold (http://twitter.com/yelyahwilliams/status/14807446936). In addition, she is dating Chad Gilbert of New Found Glory. This for me seems suspicious. The EXIF tags match the kind of phone she bought, and the image COULD HAVE BEEN posted accidentally.
So, that is what I think of this incident. What you want to think of it is your opinion, and I could care less. However, I still support her as the lead singer of Paramore, and this WILL NOT change my views as a fan of the band.
So as you may or may not know from my Twitter feed, I am a huge fan of the band Paramore. Their lead singer, Hayley Williams, makes an appearance in this song by rapper Bobby Ray Simmons (B.o.B.) of Atlanta. I look forward to his album coming out, which not only features her, but also Grammy-award winning rapper Eminem, Lupe Fiasco, and T.I. The album is called “B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray” and hits stores April 27th, 2010. Mark your calendars!
Tilikum, the whale who killed a trainer, during Shamu Rocks. I took this picture while visiting Sea World last summer.
Last summer, while I was down in Florida for vacation, my family decided to go to Sea World for the day. One of the things I clearly remember was the “Shamu Rocks” that we saw in the evening. This show combines music, killer whales, their trainers, and special effects in an amazing show. This past Wednesday, Dawn Blancheau, the head orca trainer, was killed when she was pulled into the water by Tilikum, the largest killer whale held in captivity. The picture above, taking during the show, gives you a perspective on how massive this animal is. Weighing over 12,500 pounds, twice the normal size of a killer whale, this animal represented a huge asset to the Sea World parks, because he was used to father 12 calves, as well as for artificial insemination. Now that I gave you some background, here are some of my thoughts:
- An animal, no matter how big, how small, or how well trained, will act on instinct. According to reports, Mrs. Blancheau was pulled in when her pony tail touched the whales nose while she was hugging it following a show. The huge animal felt this, and probably thought it was a seal or other animal and pulled her underwater causing her to drown. Even the common house pets exhibit similar behavior, and will act on instincts they carried over before becoming domesticated.
- These large animals are very sensitive to isolation. Orcas and other sea animals are very social, often traveling in groups out in the open ocean. When you take one of these large creatures and place them in a small tank such as in an aquarium setting, this places a huge deal of stress on the animal. Just like with humans, this can cause psychological problems in the future, even more of a reason as to why this animal could have done something terrible like this.
- I am NOT trying to take any sides here. All of those organizations such as PETA, Greenpeace, and the like all have their own opinions about this, and I do not feel like I need to take any one particular side on this tragedy.
My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this tragedy, and I will support SeaWorld with any decisions that they make in the future.